Home based massage in Shepton Mallet FEATURED
A Touch of Calm offers massage in Shepton Mallet, Somerset. The massage can happen at your home or at a wellness centre.
Whether you need to de-stress, relax or require a good stretch due to some recent exercise, a Touch of Calm will fulfil your needs.
Massage treatments offered by A Touch of Calm in Shepton Mallet
A Touch of Calm offers 3 different massage treatments:
- Thai massage – This form of massage gently stretches the muscles allowing more flexibility to the body and is terrific for sports men and women.
- Swedish Massage – A Swedish massage is often associated with relaxation. It includes a choice of scented oils that can also soothe away your aches and pains. Just relax!
- Chi Nei Tsang – This ancient Chinese treatment focuses on the tummy area, massaging and stimulating the vital internal organs. This is perfect for helping suffers of IBS, congestion, water retention to name a few.
The General Benefits of Massage
Massage is the perfect way to relax, reduce muscle tension or relieve chronic pain. Massage can also enhance your emotional and physical well-being and can have amazing results when it becomes part of your health maintenance plan.
You may only need to run your hands and fingers over your head and shoulders to feel an immediate and gentle tension release. And while more research is needed to confirm the exact benefits of massage, some studies have already found massage may also be helpful for many ailments such as:
- Digestive disorders
- Insomnia related to stress
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries.
With A Touch of Calm, each massage treatment is tailored to your specific requirements.
An initial consultation will establish the areas that need most attention, whether it’s remedial massage or for pure relaxation and a sanctuary from the mundane. The aim of all massage treatments is to help you de-stress, relax and stretch, giving you a calming feel within in minutes, even in your own home.
Qualifications, associations and experience
A Touch of Calm is owned by Charlie Lawson who qualified in Traditional Thai Yoga Massage in Thailand in 2014. Charlie returned in 2015 to complete his Chi Nei Tsang training followed then by embracing Swedish Massage level 3 at Salisbury College in 2015. Prior to his love of massage therapy, Charlie’s career spanned over 20 years in hospitality.
How massage in Shepton Mallet works
- Chi Nei Tsang and Thai massage are a minimum of 75 minutes and completed on a mat on the floor
- Swedish Massage is a minimum of 60 minutes and conducted on a massage couch
- Each treatment can be conducted in the comfort of your home or in a wellness centre in Wells, Somerset
- All equipment is provided and included in the use of the massage
- Prior reservations preferred but not always essential
Swedish Massage 1 hour. £40.
Thai Massage 75 minutes. £60
Chi Nei Tsang 75 minute treatments. £60